Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is here! (Almost)

So, here I sit, cozy and warm, in my house. Friday is Christmas, and I'm sure almost everyone is anxious to see what they got from the family and pals, right? Well, I'm sure you think you know where I'm going with this. You think I'm going to say, "Christmas isn't about presents and giving! It's about Jesus!!" Well, I hate to disappoint, but I'm going to switch it up a bit.

Christmas isn't even really about giving, it's about receiving!

*Cricket chirping*

Well, yes. God gave His son to all of us. We that chose to receive Him are blessed, are we not? The miracle of Christmas is what we received. The only part of the Christmas story that specifically mentions giving gifts are the wise men. We don't even know how many of them there were, or where they came from! There is nothing that even comes close to the centerpiece of it all. The Baby born of a virgin.

The Christ, Jesus Cristo, King of all.
There is no greater gift to receive than the gift of Salvation.

Be happy and love one another. Thank God for His Gift to you.

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment